Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Sex after IUI is good or bad?

Sex after IUI is good or bad?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">FlowerPower</span>
    FlowerPower

Hi there! We have undergone our first AI and I have to say reading other forums has made me be more relaxed because I had some doubts about insurance coverage, AMH levels and so on. And above all, they helped me understand the whole process, but still I have some huge doubts so here you go:

1. When do I have more chances of getting pregnant through AI? The same day? The following day? After 48 hours? According to my healthcare provider, the best would be waiting for 2 days because with AI, you are inseminated with the fastest swimmers and it is better not to interfere, what do you think?
    2. But I read in this forum and others that having sex the same day and the following day is the best option to get pregnant. Apart from that, is it normal that you are prescribed 2 daily capsules of Utrogestan after AI?
    3. What is the “two-week wait”??? Is it the time between the AI and the pregnancy test? Is it better a blood or a urine pregnancy test?

Sorry for asking you all these questions but I need some help. XOXO

09/11/2015 at 1:55 pm
  2. Hello,

Regarding engaging into sexual intercourse, you should pay attention to your doctor’s guidelines since he is the person that best knows which your situation is. Here you will find further information about what happens after artificial insemination: After Artificial Insemination.

Apart from that, if you want to do an ovulation analysis you should ask your doctor previously. Do not take action on your own in no way because it may be counterproductive.

All women can take a pregnancy test, either in blood or in urine. However, you should keep calm during the two-week wait and then do the test after 15 days. Again, it will be your gynecologist who will tell you which is the perfect moment to take it.

Good luck!

09/14/2015 at 8:59 am