Can I get pregnant during the egg donation process?

1.  stacy HP

Hi there!

I’m an egg donor from the USA, but this is my first attempt as an egg donor. I did the ovarian drilling a month ago and then my gynecologist told me that my period would start 7-10 days after the drilling, but the thing is more than 15 days have passed and my period is still missing. I must say I engaged into sexual intercourse during these days, so I’m concerned mainly because of this reason… I feel ovarian pain similar to that I usually feel when I’m on my period, but no signs of bleeding or even discharge.

I don’t know what to do, what’s your recommendation on this? Please help me, I wasn’t planning on getting pregnant so early (I’m 26) 🙁

October 3, 2015 at 6:39 pm
    #7217 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

After donating eggs, egg donors are recommended not to engage into unsafe sexual intercourse until the period starts, since there are chances that some residual follicles are still there and therefore you could get pregnant. Besides, given that you’ve taken strong hormone medications, your ovaries are swollen now and ovarian torsion or twisted Fallopian are likely to develop.

The most probable is that what you’re experiencing is just a delayed period and the discomfort you’re feeling is due to the ovarian drilling. However, if you continue to feel like this during an extended period of time, do not hesitate to take a pregnancy test or visit you physician and carry out a medical check-up.

Good luck!

October 5, 2015 at 1:17 pm
    #7218 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
Anyone looking for egg donors in New York? 1 12 months ago
No symptoms after embryo transfer with donor eggs 2 11 months ago
Is weight gain a side effect of egg donation? 2 11 months ago
Egg donation compensation rates in the USA 2 5 months ago
Unexplained infertility and egg donation in Ukraine 11 3 days ago
Becoming friends with my egg donor 3 2 weeks ago
Symptoms after artificial insemination 5 6 months ago
What does egg donation involve? 2 12 months ago