Did you feel super uncomfortable a week leading up to the retrieval?

1. Ladies who have donated her eggs or are in the middle of the process now, did you feel terribly uncomfortable a week leading up to egg retrieval or were you doing okay? Did you experience or are currently experiencing any side effects/adverse reactions?

January 31, 2016 at 9:35 am
    #8431 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Dear Brooke,

thank you very much for trusting us. If the nuisances or discomfort you felt during the days prior to egg retrieval was mild to moderate, there is no reason to panic, as these are common symptoms derived from the ovulation induction medications every donor has to take.

However, if such pain becomes so uncomfortable that you are unable to continue with your normal lifestyle, you are advised to visit your doctor as soon as possible to rule out any chance of developing some kind of adverse reaction.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best wishes

February 1, 2016 at 10:16 am
    #8432 Reply
  3. Hello Brooke, I’m in the process now and currently feel “full of ovaries”, like I even feel them rotating when it gets really close, it is normal? The worst is every time I get up and down, I have to be careful not to do it too quickly, otherwise I can’t stand the pain…

February 10, 2016 at 12:52 pm
    #8433 Reply
    • I felt way more uncomfortable towards the end of the process… and also when I was walking, especially around a week before egg retrieval, I felt as if my right leg was pulling on my ovary. It was no coincidence, as my right ovary was the one which produced more follicles. It stung when walking on that side, the pain was almost unbearable. However, now I’ve to say I felt even more uncomfortable at the end of the process than before though. Normal?

February 11, 2016 at 10:06 am
      #8434 Reply
    • Hi there, thank you very much for your help!!

Andrea, your description sounds awful… When did you feel better? Did you only donate eggs once or more times? I’m at the legal stage now, you now… I’m just so nervous, too!!!!!!

February 12, 2016 at 1:12 pm
      #8435 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
Bleeding before IVF embryo transfer with DE 2 5 months ago