Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Did you feel super uncomfortable a week leading up to the retrieval?

Did you feel super uncomfortable a week leading up to the retrieval?

1. BrookeHumphrey
    BrookeHumphrey

Ladies who have donated her eggs or are in the middle of the process now, did you feel terribly uncomfortable a week leading up to egg retrieval or were you doing okay? Did you experience or are currently experiencing any side effects/adverse reactions?

01/31/2016 at 9:35 am
  2. Dear Brooke,

thank you very much for trusting us. If the nuisances or discomfort you felt during the days prior to egg retrieval was mild to moderate, there is no reason to panic, as these are common symptoms derived from the ovulation induction medications every donor has to take.

However, if such pain becomes so uncomfortable that you are unable to continue with your normal lifestyle, you are advised to visit your doctor as soon as possible to rule out any chance of developing some kind of adverse reaction.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best wishes

02/01/2016 at 10:16 am
  3. Hello Brooke, I’m in the process now and currently feel “full of ovaries”, like I even feel them rotating when it gets really close, it is normal? The worst is every time I get up and down, I have to be careful not to do it too quickly, otherwise I can’t stand the pain…

02/10/2016 at 12:52 pm
    • I felt way more uncomfortable towards the end of the process… and also when I was walking, especially around a week before egg retrieval, I felt as if my right leg was pulling on my ovary. It was no coincidence, as my right ovary was the one which produced more follicles. It stung when walking on that side, the pain was almost unbearable. However, now I’ve to say I felt even more uncomfortable at the end of the process than before though. Normal?

02/11/2016 at 10:06 am
    • Hi there, thank you very much for your help!!

Andrea, your description sounds awful… When did you feel better? Did you only donate eggs once or more times? I’m at the legal stage now, you now… I’m just so nervous, too!!!!!!

02/12/2016 at 1:12 pm
  4. Hi all, as for the egg collection procedure. Before ER: After8 p.m. on the night before the procedure, you must refrain from eating or drinking until after the procedure. You should not wear any jewelry or contact lenses to the procedure. Your partner will be asked to provide a semen sample to be used during the IVF procedure. During ER: Eggs are usually retrieved via transvaginal ultrasound. During this procedure, an ultrasound probe is inserted into the vagina, which allows the doctor to see the follicles in the ovaries. Then, a thin needle attached to a catheter is inserted through the ultrasound guide and to the ovaries. The follicles are aspirated one by one through a small suction device, and multiple follicles can beretrieved. The procedure is performed under sedation and pain medication.
    After ER: You may feel some side effects of the procedure and the sedation for the first few days after the procedure. Common side effects include discomfort, which should be managed with Tylenol or a prescription medication. Nausea. Dizziness. Feelings of cramps, fullness, or pressure in the pelvic area. Again you MIGHT only feel any of them.
    Hope this helps. Sending all my positive thoughts your way.

01/07/2020 at 5:15 pm
Leave a reply
Other topics related to this forum