Unexplained infertility and egg donation in Ukraine

1. Hi! I’m diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I had several IVFs. Both of them ended with a BFN. Now the doctors advise me to try egg donation. However, this procedure isn’t allowed in the country where I live at present. I’m from Germany. I have already read some information where egg donation can be done: Spain, Poland, the UK, Russia, Ukraine and etc. I’m especially interested in getting information about Ukraine. I know that this country is especially popular among infertile pairs, so I want to meet someone who went to get their egg donation program in this country.

August 15, 2016 at 4:28 pm
    #10070 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Dear candygirl,

In Ukraine, egg donation is an allowed fertility treatment in accordance with the provisions set forth in the Ukrainian Family Code and Civil Procedural Code, as well as the Law of Ukraine “Basis of Legislation of Ukraine about Health Care”.

Prior to the performance of the IVF treatment, the prospective mother has to sign a written consent authorizing to do so. You will be allowed to access fertility care as long as you are a full-aged woman, and donor oocytes are required for medical reasons.

You will find more information here: Guide to egg donation in Ukraine.

If you wish to get estimates from Ukrainian fertility clinics, my advice is that you fill in our form. By doing so, you can get detailed estimates from various clinics according to your own personal situation, age, geographical location, etc. Here’s the link to the form: Estimates.

If you want to get information on egg donation in other European countries, here are some links that may be of interest:

Egg donation in Spain
    Egg donation in Russia
    Egg donation in Greece
    Egg donation in the Czech Republic
    Egg donation in Cyprus

Should you have any further doubts, do not hesitate to ask.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best wishes

August 16, 2016 at 11:09 am
    #10081 Reply
  3. Hi, candygirl. I’m also infertile due to some ovary issues. I have a very low oocyte level and also need ED. Several months ago we visited Ukraine to contact one fertility clinic. I know that Ukraine is very popular among infertile couples. However, when we came to visit this Ukrainian clinic, we were a little bit shocked by the things we saw there. Firstly, it turned to be so small. When we entered the hall, it was so overcrowded. We had to wait nearly a hour before the doctor was ready to meet us… We didn’t like this fact, so we’ve decided not to sign up a contract with them…

September 3, 2016 at 9:45 am
    #10139 Reply
  4. Emi Black, I think you are writing about Biotexcom. This clinic seems to be really popular among infertile couples around the world. I also visited it 4 months ago. However, there weren’t so many people in it when we came to visit the clinic for the first time. The program manager was really nice. She supported us during both of our visits to this clinic. However, I didn’t like the clinic’s administrator and junior staff. Sometimes they really behave rather impolite.

September 17, 2016 at 10:50 am
    #10204 Reply
  5. Hi, Ann. Yes, I’m talking about Biotexcom. Before contacting this clinic, I’ve found loads of favorable feedbacks about it on various fertility forums. And I also emailed a woman who used to be their patient. She told me about her positive results, and it was the main reason why we decided to go there. When we came to the clinic, the things were not so sweet there… It seems that the clinic’s administrators can’t organize the clinic’s work properly. It’s the main reason why decided not to deal with them…

September 26, 2016 at 4:17 pm
    #10251 Reply
  6. Hi, girls. I decided to write here cause I also need some help. I’m from Germany and egg donation is forbidden here. My hubby and I decided to try our luck in Ukraine too. We’ve read about the clinic you are discussing here on various fertility forums. It becomes popular among infertile couples around the world. We visited their official website, but haven’t emailed them yet. As far as I understand, you, ladies, have already been in Ukraine. Could you give us a little feedback about this country?
    P.S. Of course, we’ve googled some information about it, but it’s always interesting to speak with who has a life experience to share…

October 2, 2016 at 12:38 am
    #10276 Reply
  7. Hi, Gertruda! All in all, we liked our visit to Kiev. This city seems to be ancient and modern at the same time. We liked the Ukrainian people. They are very kind and try to stay positive even when the life hurts. This country does have some political and financial problems, and it’s at war now. However, Kiev is a peaceful place. The prices are there low, so it’s quite possible to visit a nice restaurant for dinner and spend very little. Our program manager even organized us a sightseeing tour around the city. It was really exciting!!!

October 4, 2016 at 4:23 pm
    #10283 Reply
  8. Sounds nice! And what about the language barrier? Have hired any interpreter or learned the basic phrases in Ukrainian? I reckon the clinic has some staff to deal with patients from around the world. But how did you manage to hire an apartment there? Did the clinic representatives help you with this?
    P.S. I worry about this cause I’m really bad at a new place orientation.

October 6, 2016 at 1:29 pm
    #10310 Reply
  9. You shouldn’t worry about such trifles. Everything will be ok! When you come to Ukraine, you’ll be met at the airport by the clinic’s representative and a driver. This girl will be your interpreter. She will be with you every time you visit the clinic so everything will be ok. You won’t have to look for an apartment too, because you’ll be supplied with a nice flat with a bathroom, modern kitchen, TV and WiFi. When you have free time, the clinic’s representatives will offer you to go sightseeing. They will be your guides and will tell loads of things about Kiev. As you see there is nothing to worry about. Everything will be OK, dear! Xxx

October 14, 2016 at 8:33 am
    #10320 Reply
  10. I also worry about payments. I know that fertility clinics like to charge additional fees from their clients. My close friend used to get an egg donation in a Spanish clinic. They had to pay quite a lot for additional fees for various medical tests. As a result, the final bill contained a big sum of money, and they were extremely frustrated cause it was really too much for them. We don’t want to experience this with Biotexcom! I’m curious to know whether they charged you any additional fees?

October 18, 2016 at 6:34 am
    #10328 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
Egg donation in case of recurrent pregnancy loss 2 5 months ago
Examinations and analyses for IVF with donor eggs in Ukraine 2 8 months ago
I am considering a repeat egg donor, is it possible? 2 11 months ago
Unplanned pregnancy after donating my eggs 2 9 months ago
Keeping donor eggs a secret or not? 2 11 months ago
Donating eggs through private or agency? 3 1 year ago
No symptoms after embryo transfer with donor eggs 2 11 months ago
My son takes after me despite having used donor eggs 2 9 months ago
Donor eggs vs donor embryos 2 11 months ago