Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Feelings after meeting the baby that is an outcome of my donated eggs

Feelings after meeting the baby that is an outcome of my donated eggs

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">egg donor angel</span>
    egg donor angel

Hello ladies and gentlemen, what’s up? 🙂 I am currently in the early stages of donating my eggs to a friend and his partner and even though we’re actually good friends… we don’t see each other regularly, to be honest with you. It’s a question of different social circles. I’m far removed from emotions toward the child, but my DH is concerned that once I meet the baby my “mother” hormones will kick in and I’ll have a hard time… What do you think? We already have 3 children and I see it as giving the gift of family to my friend. My husband and I have decided to keep the donor process under wraps with our family (just in case)… Is there anyone here that has donated her eggs before and has seen or met the baby that was an outcome of her donated eggs? I’d like to hear your story as I think it’ll be very useful for us.

04/19/2016 at 10:38 am
  2. Hello egg donor angel, I have already met 3 children born from by donated eggs and to be honest with you I do feel a special bond to them, but I tell you it is nothing like the maternal feelings I’ve for my OWN children. It’s a different kinda love, nothing to do!! I just love them to bits, but as if they were my friends’ babies, you know? Hope this helps! 🙂

04/20/2016 at 1:12 pm
    • Hey vicky, can I just ask you something? Out of curiosity… did you notice any similarities (physical appearance) between the donor-conceived children from your donated eggs and your own children or you? Maybe it’s irrelevant, but I think if I were the donor and saw similarities between them, I would feel emotional. I’m at the stage where I have the forms to fill in and then I’ll get me started with egg donation. Looking forward to your reply! xx

04/21/2016 at 1:19 pm
  3. Hello there, my egg donated children look totally like their daddy!! I see some similarities between them and my children, but nothing to be concerned. As I said on my previous post, it’s kinda hard for me to express how I feel for these children… I feel so close to them while at the same time I don’t feel attached to them, you know? My emotional wanting toward them is not in a maternal way… Anyway I think egg donation is the most wonderful gift you can give to someone, and in turn that feeling is sooooo rewarding 🙂

04/22/2016 at 9:05 am
  4. Hello, I donated my eggs but as an anonymous egg donor, and while I wasn’t supposed to learn anything about my recipients, I was given a wink that things went well at least once out of the total 25 eggs I donated, so at least there’s one baby born from my eggs out there, if not more. Obviously I’ve never met the kid(s) but I’m sure I wouldn’t have any maternal feelings towards them. I like to think of them as nieces I’ll never meet, but I keep hoping for the best and sending out love to them 🙂

04/23/2016 at 6:29 pm
Leave a reply