Feelings of regret after donating my eggs

1. Hello ladies,

I’m an egg donor from Ohio, USA and I did my last donation a few months ago after seeing several ads at college… I wasn’t thinking and I saw such a big amount of money that I said why shouldn’t I? and just visited an egg donor bank. It was so easy that it all went by so fast… I decided to be an anonymous donor because I didn’t want to know about the baby or his parents, just in case. Now I can’t help wishing to see his or her face, wondering if he’s happy… it’s like if I had given up a baby of mine for adoption, you know? It’s a mix of negative feelings, but I don’t know how to get rid of it…

Can someone help? Please, I’m just 24.

September 19, 2016 at 6:05 pm
    #10224 Reply
  2. Hey nicki, the same happened to me… I’m 33 now, but I did it by the time I was 22… I was studying at college by then, too. But I became aware of this “method” through a friend of mine who had already did so… and the sum of money she got for that was too high that I wanted to get the same.

My feelings of regret started because I found out one day that I didn’t want to remain anonymous anymore… I found myself CURIOUS and still today I can’t help it… It crosses my mind often, but there’s nothing I can do, so I’ve learned to live with day. I would like to talk with past egg donors to see if this feeling is common… regret, grief, pain, a feeling of “loss”… I don’t know, but I don’t wanna feel so lonely.

September 20, 2016 at 10:41 am
    #10225 Reply
    • Nancy, please stop torturing yourself and just think that you have helped to create a family to those people who didn’t have the chance or weren’t that lucky to have their own kids. You basically saved their lives! I think that you should all focus on these thoughts rather than thinking about what are those kids doing right now. Lots of love.

October 6, 2016 at 10:05 am
      #10303 Reply
  3. Nicki, you did a great job of donating your eggs to a couple that needs them. Can you imagine how happy the couple that is using your eggs is? I would like to thank you because I went through surrogacy and have gotten 2 beautiful boys. You may feel regretful but you are healthy and you will have your own kids in the future they will be on your mind for 24 hours per day. In 2 hours I am going to meet my newborn kids. And even though I know that we are not genetically connected, I still think of them as of my own kids. I will be raising them well and you need to know that the parents that have profited of your donor’s eggs will do the same.

October 6, 2016 at 10:01 am
    #10302 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
Not sure if I should choose a known egg donor… Things to keep in mind? 2 8 months ago
Do I have to pay for being screened as a potential egg donor? 2 7 months ago
Becoming friends with my egg donor 3 3 weeks ago
I want to donate my eggs for money 2 1 year ago
Anyone looking for egg donors in New York? 1 12 months ago
Egg donation compensation rates in the USA 2 5 months ago
Can I get pregnant during the egg donation process? 2 1 year ago
Is weight gain a side effect of egg donation? 2 11 months ago
Can egg donation cause infertility? 2 1 year ago
Donating eggs through private or agency? 3 1 year ago