Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Feelings of regret after donating my eggs

Feelings of regret after donating my eggs

1. nickirollins
    nickirollins

Hello ladies,

I’m an egg donor from Ohio, USA and I did my last donation a few months ago after seeing several ads at college… I wasn’t thinking and I saw such a big amount of money that I said why shouldn’t I? and just visited an egg donor bank. It was so easy that it all went by so fast… I decided to be an anonymous donor because I didn’t want to know about the baby or his parents, just in case. Now I can’t help wishing to see his or her face, wondering if he’s happy… it’s like if I had given up a baby of mine for adoption, you know? It’s a mix of negative feelings, but I don’t know how to get rid of it…

Can someone help? Please, I’m just 24.

09/19/2016 at 6:05 pm
  2. Hey nicki, the same happened to me… I’m 33 now, but I did it by the time I was 22… I was studying at college by then, too. But I became aware of this “method” through a friend of mine who had already did so… and the sum of money she got for that was too high that I wanted to get the same.

My feelings of regret started because I found out one day that I didn’t want to remain anonymous anymore… I found myself CURIOUS and still today I can’t help it… It crosses my mind often, but there’s nothing I can do, so I’ve learned to live with day. I would like to talk with past egg donors to see if this feeling is common… regret, grief, pain, a feeling of “loss”… I don’t know, but I don’t wanna feel so lonely.

09/20/2016 at 10:41 am
Leave a reply