Having a baby via donor insemination

1.  emily horan

Hi there!

I want to have a baby on my own. YES, I want to be a single mom at age 27. I’ve never had sex and am actually taking Orthotricyclen Lo birth control pills to control my excessive growth of facial and body hair due to PCOS (hirsutism).

I want to start with an artificial insemination by donor (AID) firstly, so I how much does donor insemination cost? I want to know how much is it here in the United States, I’m from Ohio.

December 7, 2015 at 12:32 pm
    #7979 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Hello Emily,

Of course you can undergo artificial insemination by donor (AID). But before getting started with this fertility treatment, you must go through a series of fertility tests to verify everything is working as it should and insemination is indeed the fertility treatment that best fits your needs.

The cost of a donor insemination cycle in the USA in case you chose intrauterine insemination (IUI) ranges from $490 to $620, whereas if you have a preference for intracervical insemination (ICI), then its cost is a little bit cheaper ($350-$500).

You can find detailed information on this issue in the following article: Donor insemination cost in the USA.

Best regards

December 23, 2015 at 1:10 pm
    #7980 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
Sperm donation with PCOS and SRY mutation 2 8 months ago
Chemical pregnancy after egg donation cycle 2 12 months ago
What can I find out about my child’s donor? 2 1 year ago
Opinions on DIY sperm donation 3 1 year ago
Can I produce the semen sample at home? 2 1 year ago
Egg donation while on birth control 2 10 months ago
Can you donate your eggs if you have PCOS? 2 11 months ago
Increased risk for autism with PCOS, should I move to donor eggs? 2 10 months ago
My nipples are acquiring an almost bruised color 2 8 months ago
Choosing the ethnicity of our sperm donor 2 8 months ago