Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
High fetal heart rate (FHR), should I be concerned?

High fetal heart rate (FHR), should I be concerned?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Olivia Olivia</span>
    Olivia Olivia

Hello, last week I went for my regular ultrasonography, I was 11+5 weeks pregnant by then… My baby’s FHR was 195 beats per minute. Doctor said it could be an acceleration associated with fetal movements and that it is considered to be within the normal ratio as long as it is not higher than 200 bpm. When I was 8.5+4 weeks, the ration was 176 bpm… Should I be concerned? TIA

03/20/2016 at 9:14 am
  2. Hello Olivia,

Fetal heart rate accelerations are very common throughout weeks 9-12. They may reach 200 bpm, being that a sign of fetal well-being. After week 12, it usually diminish a little bit until 140 bmp on average. It is twice the normal heart rate of an adult person.

Taking into account the stage of pregnancy you’re in, even though your FHR is high, it is not a concerning issue, as it is within the normal values. The only thing you’ve to do now is continue to monitor it during the following weeks to check whether it keeps on diminishing and its values are on par with the average.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

03/31/2016 at 4:05 pm
    • Thank you very much for your support Sandra, today we did another ultrasonography and FHR was 159 bpm!! 🙂

04/07/2016 at 11:08 am