Home  >  Forums  >  Egg Donation  >  Surrogacy

How much is surrogacy in Belgium?

1.  Steffy hudson

Hey, I know surrogacy is legal in Belgium, and since we’ve got some friends living there, we are considering this country as our destination for surrogacy. The problem is I can’t find any information about it, especially about the cost. I know there are many factors influencing it, but I’d like to come across a more or less accurate price… S.O.S.

April 25, 2016 at 9:38 am
    #9270 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Dear Steffy,

Surrogacy is allowed in Belgium, but only for Belgian citizens. Besides, only altruistic surrogacy is allowed—commercial surrogacy is forbidden. This means that surrogacy contracts are not established through an agency and the intended parents don’t have to search for an unknown person to become their surrogate. As it is an altruistic act, surrogates are usually relatives of acquaintances that offer themselves to bear the pregnancy voluntarily and freely.

If you aren’t a Belgian citizen, I’m afraid you cannot get yourselves started with surrogacy in Belgium. If you wish to travel to Europe for fertility tourism, my suggestion is Greece, as surrogacy is allowed there.

I hope I have been able to help,

April 26, 2016 at 4:32 pm
    #9271 Reply