How much time off work is necessary after IVF?

1.  Vickie Aysen

Hello, I just wanted to ask whether it is necessary for me to take some time off work after my IVF embryo transfer with donor eggs. My problem was low ovarian reserve, but as far as I now I don’t have a tendency toward miscarriage, anyhow I don’t know if it can have some influence on this or not. Is it advisable to take some time off work after an embryo transfer? How much time, up until day 15 post ET? Is bed rest necessary during this period of time?

December 11, 2015 at 1:37 pm
    #8054 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Hello Vickie,

It has been proven that rest after IVF embryo transfer, regardless of whether donor eggs or own eggs are used, does not have any impact on success rates. This means that taking time off work is unnecessary. The most advisable for you to do would be continuing with your normal lifestyle, always trying to avoid great efforts such as lifting heavy weight. Bearing this in mind, you can go to work every day as usual.

However, if you wish to take some time off work for your own serenity, that’s a personal decision and you are free to take it. However, bear in mind that rest won’t enhance your chances of getting pregnant. In specific cases where risk of miscarriage is high, your doctor may consider bed rest necessary, in which case he/she will decide whether you have to take some time off work or not.

I hope I have clarified your concerns,

January 11, 2016 at 2:54 pm
    #8055 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
Bed rest after embryo transfer 20 5 months ago
When does the embryo implant after IVF embryo transfer? 4 1 year ago
2 weeks post IVF 5-day, 2 blastocyst embryo transfer and beta results 3 7 months ago
No implantation bleeding after embryo transfer 2 7 months ago
Precautions following an embryo transfer of donated embryos 2 8 months ago
How to improve the rate of embryo implantation with donated embryos 2 3 months ago