I’d like to be tested for as many things as possible before donating my eggs

1.  haley888

Hello ladies, I’d like to read your stories! Also, I’d like to find out how do I get this business started? I’ve made up my mind regarding egg donation… I’m willing to help someone, but firstly I’d like to be tested for as many diseases, infections, alterations… as possible before committing to someone… My question is, do all physicians/doctors run these tests or only a clinic? Or I’d better ask my OB/GYN? Any advice welcome 😉 Thx

June 20, 2016 at 5:04 pm
    #9866 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Hello haley888,

Egg donors are required to be psychologically, medically, and genetically screened before donating their eggs. There are some required tests that every donor has to undergo in the USA, but some fertility clinics may offer additional genetic testing if asked by the donor.

The following article, Section “Screening of potential egg donors”, shall give you some information regarding all the tests required by the ASRM: Becoming an egg donor in the USA.

Screening processes not included within that list may be offered by some fertility centers, and many vary from clinic to clinic, so you’re advised to ask a few centers before choosing where you want to donate your eggs.

I hope I have been able to help,

All the best

June 21, 2016 at 11:42 am
    #9868 Reply
  3. Fyi, in my experiences with donating my eggs it was all done through the intended parent’s clinic… I don’t know if this is helpful at all…

July 10, 2016 at 10:08 am
    #9869 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
IUD insertion and egg donation, is it possible? 2 5 months ago
No symptoms after embryo transfer with donor eggs 2 11 months ago
Anonymous egg donor: could the receiving couple ever find out who I am? 2 7 months ago
I’ve been chosen as an egg donor, what’s next? 2 6 months ago
Can I become an egg donor if I had hepatitis A? 2 11 months ago
Can I donate my eggs even though I have tattoos and piercings? 2 10 months ago
Can egg donation cause infertility? 2 12 months ago
Alternatives to general anesthesia in egg retrieval for egg donation? 5 5 months ago
I already have 3 children, can I still be an egg donor? 2 10 months ago
I’m 35, is it too late to donate my eggs? 2 11 months ago