Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
I’m not willing to donate my semen to just anyone

I’m not willing to donate my semen to just anyone

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Keegan</span>
    Keegan

Hello ladies and gentlemen, last evening I was taken to task by a group of friends because I refuse to donate my semen to just anyone. My opinion on this is that donating your sperm anonymously is not entirely fair, let me tell you why. For example, I wouldn’t donate to an 18-year-old woman who just “fancies” pregnancy but can actually become pregnant naturally on her own means, or to someone in shambolic living conditions. On the other hand, interrogating every women about the personal aspects of their lives is rather uncomfortable and I don’t even know if I’d have the right to do so… So I’m concerned because I know if I donate my sperm, it’ll occasionally will end up in the hands of someone who has some issues, which of course I know nothing about. But the thing is I don’t want to play God and decide who has the “right” to become a parent and who doesn’t… It’s confusing guys.

04/25/2016 at 10:39 am
  2. Dear Keegan,

If you wish to meet the recipient of your semen sample in person and get to know her, you should know that there are some countries such as the United States or Russia where known sperm donation is allowed. Here you can find more information about it:

Sperm donation in the USA
    Sperm donation in Russia

I hope I have been able to help,

Best regards

04/26/2016 at 12:19 pm
  3. Hello Keegan, may I ask you why particularly you wouldn’t donate your sperm to a single 18-year-old woman? I don’t quite understand this point. FYI, I’m 22 years old and I’m trying… I don’t understand what is it to you. You donate it, the clinic allocates it, you are paid, and that’s it, your work finishes here. If you want to be responsible, just have your own children, that would be the fair thing to do, actually.

Btw, I know single moms who do their job FAR BETTER than many couples out there in their 30s or even 40s. All you have to do is giving them as many love as possible. And I’m not arguing, just trying to understand your motives… I don’t understand because if a woman is in a position that she can have a baby and financially support herself and the baby… just don’t know why she wouldn’t deserve that right. I’ve worked hard since I left school.

04/27/2016 at 3:20 pm
    • Hello BestWishes, let me explain myself. In my opinion every individual person is different, and of course there are very grounded 18-year-olds, as well as totally irresponsible 40-year-olds, I completely agree with you in that point – how not? What I meant on my previous post was more a generalisation and does not have necessarily to apply to your case, surely. What I’m trying to say is that, through my experience I’ve learnt the following rule: the younger recipients are, the less likely they are to have thought it carefully and properly. And in the case of singles, even more. I’d personally trust a 30-year-old woman more than an 18-year-old, but there’s everything out there. I don’t think at that young age you can be like totally sure what you want, and this applies to everyone, regardless of the context (work, studies, relationships…).

04/27/2016 at 5:38 pm
  4. Thanks for answering and being honest 🙂

04/28/2016 at 9:38 am
Leave a reply