It appears that my ICSI hasn’t been successful

1. Hi, I am very stressed as it appears that my ICSI hasn’t been successful. I had my ET on 11/05/16 but since then I haven’t got any implantation sign nor any pregnancy symptoms. I feel normal as before and nothing like the other ladies here have written about. I am due for the preg test on Sat. 21, but I am very stressed now that it’s going to be a BFN. Please, advise me.

May 15, 2016 at 2:13 pm
    #9450 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Dear Justlove3,

Each woman’s body reacts differently to both fertility drugs and the embryo transfer itself. Having pregnancy symptoms after an embryo transfer is not a prerequisite, which means that some women may not experience any symptom and still get a BFP. It may be your case, too.

If your pregnancy test is due on Saturday 21st May, 2016 today it is still too early to draw any conclusion, let alone to take a pregnancy test, as you may get a false negative result, because even if pregnancy has occurred, your hCG levels may still be too low as to be detectable.

My advice is that you try to keep your mind busy during these days and forget all about the potential pregnancy symptoms you may notice. Stress is not a good ally during the two-week wait, so try not to become obsessed with it. Here you can read some tips to get through the 2WW: What is the two-week wait?

I wish you all the luck of the world!

May 16, 2016 at 9:06 am
    #9451 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
Blastocyst day 5 transfer on 23rd January 2 8 months ago
Symptoms after embryo transfer 10 6 months ago
What happens after a 3-day IVF embryo transfer? 2 9 months ago
When should I test for pregnancy after blastocyst embryo transfer? 2 11 months ago
False-positive result after artificial insemination 2 1 year ago
No symptoms after embryo transfer with donor eggs 2 11 months ago
Small blood clot after embryo transfer 2 6 months ago
Bleeding after embryo transfer, good or bad sign? 2 1 year ago
2 weeks post IVF 5-day, 2 blastocyst embryo transfer and beta results 3 7 months ago
No implantation bleeding after embryo transfer 2 7 months ago