Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
It appears that my ICSI hasn’t been successful

It appears that my ICSI hasn’t been successful

1. Justlove3
    Justlove3

Hi, I am very stressed as it appears that my ICSI hasn’t been successful. I had my ET on 11/05/16 but since then I haven’t got any implantation sign nor any pregnancy symptoms. I feel normal as before and nothing like the other ladies here have written about. I am due for the preg test on Sat. 21, but I am very stressed now that it’s going to be a BFN. Please, advise me.

05/15/2016 at 2:13 pm
  2. Dear Justlove3,

Each woman’s body reacts differently to both fertility drugs and the embryo transfer itself. Having pregnancy symptoms after an embryo transfer is not a prerequisite, which means that some women may not experience any symptom and still get a BFP. It may be your case, too.

If your pregnancy test is due on Saturday 21st May, 2016 today it is still too early to draw any conclusion, let alone to take a pregnancy test, as you may get a false negative result, because even if pregnancy has occurred, your hCG levels may still be too low as to be detectable.

My advice is that you try to keep your mind busy during these days and forget all about the potential pregnancy symptoms you may notice. Stress is not a good ally during the two-week wait, so try not to become obsessed with it. Here you can read some tips to get through the 2WW: What is the two-week wait?

I wish you all the luck of the world!

05/16/2016 at 9:06 am
Leave a reply