Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Length of time for hCG level to return to zero

Length of time for hCG level to return to zero

1. jackson2016
    jackson2016

Hi,
    I found out on 8/25/16 at 19 wks 4 days pregnant that my baby girl had passed. I was admitted to hospital on 8/26/16 and gave birth on 8/27/16. On 9/6/16 I had sex which was 11 days after giving birth and again on 9/12/16 which was 17 days after giving birth. I took a pregnancy test today 9/17/16 which is exactly 3 wks after giving birth and got a very visible positive. My question is, could this be old hCG from the miscarriage or a new pregnancy? My breasts seem to be getting more tender as it had almost subsided.

09/17/2016 at 11:11 pm
  2. I would like to also add that a few days following the 1st day that I had sex which was on 9/6/16 I started having sharp pains in my right ovary which only lasted a few hours and then started discharging EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) for about 2 days. I’m not sure if I was ovulating. I am aware that I would not be getting a positive reading from when I had sex on 9/12/16 as that would be to early. The date more so in question is 9/6/16.

09/17/2016 at 11:19 pm
    • Dear jackson2016,

It takes some time for a woman’s hCG levels to return to normal after a miscarriage. If it’s only 3 weeks after the miscarriage, it is very unlikely that you are pregnant again. Do not worry as your hCG levels will return to zero eventually. I cannot give you a precise period of time, as it depends on each woman and the way her organism works.

My advice is that you take a look at the following post, as it may be helpful in your case: hCG levels after a miscarriage

I hope I have been able to help,

Best

09/19/2016 at 12:45 pm
Leave a reply