Moving on to surrogacy or embryo adoption?

1. Hello there,
    For a number of reasons linked to infertility, my husband and I cannot have a baby ourselves in a natural manner. We live in Palo Alto CA and today we’ve visited our doctor. He says surrogacy is a very feasible option for us, and taking into account we live in California, it would be very appropriate. But our Christian spirit is telling us to adopt an embryo, to be pro-life. We see many differences between them and now we don’t know what to do. Any ideas? Recommendations? Please, help us.
    Thank you!

June 27, 2016 at 4:54 pm
    #9941 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Hello Maria,

Surrogacy and embryo donation & adoption are too different fertility treatments, each one of them suitable for different types of issues. Besides, in surrogacy, an agreement is made for embryos to be transferred into the gestational carrier’s uterus. The GC (gestational carrier) is a woman other than the intended mother and she carries the pregnancy for the benefit of the IPs.

In embryo adoption, the intended mother herself carries the child or children, provided that the is able to carry a pregnancy. In cases where, for a number of reasons, the woman is unable to carry a pregnancy to term, then surrogacy will be the treatment of choice. What must be clear is that they are not the same, and the IPs cannot choose just because they find the former better or easier than the latter, for instance.

I hope this helps,

Best regards

June 27, 2016 at 4:59 pm
    #9942 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
Is it possible to undertake altruistic surrogacy in the USA? 2 4 months ago
What to do in the event of divorce of the intended parents 3 6 months ago
Can donated embryos come from donor egg or sperm cycles? 2 11 months ago
American dad, Hispanic mother and surrogacy in Dallas, TX 2 5 months ago
Having 2 babies for both of us to be their biological parents 2 5 months ago
Becoming a surrogate in the United States 2 7 months ago
Becoming a GC after oocyte donation 4 4 months ago