Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
My period came twice in one month

My period came twice in one month

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">I-am-Kathleen</span>
    I-am-Kathleen

Hi, I’d like to hear your opinion on this issue, because it’s bothering me in some way… I was inseminated on August, 12 this year and mi period expected date was August, 25 but it came on September, 1. Then, I started with Omifin as a treatment to induce ovulation because I was about to start a new insemination cycle on August, 16 but surprisingly my period started the previous day again! We were forced to cancel the insemination and we are still wondering why this happened to me… could this mean I’m pregnant? do you think we should cancel this cycle and try again later? I am grateful in advance for your comments.

09/18/2015 at 7:44 am
  2. Dear I-am-Kathleen,

Controlled ovarian stimulation (COS) cycles in which ovulation is triggered artificially may lead to this kind of situations where the woman’s body develops menstrual irregularities such as missed periods without being pregnant. But it may occur the other way round too, that is to say, that your menstruation comes twice in a single month.

Your gynecologist is the only person who can guide you through the whole process and recommend you what to do in your case, if you should continue with the cycle or, conversely, cancel it. Raise your doubts to him, that is the best recommendation. Nevertheless, you can choose to pospone it; don’t forget it is the patient who has the last say.

I wish you all the best.

09/18/2015 at 12:54 pm