Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Reasons why my levels of AMH have increased

Reasons why my levels of AMH have increased

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">sophie 345</span>
    sophie 345

Hello, doctor. 3 months ago, I did a bloodwork and the result was 0.93… Two days ago I repeated the test and the result was 1.35 and I don’t understand why. I’ve been taking vitamin supplements, but I thought they were natural and nothing bad would happen. Do you think that’s the reason why my AMH levels have increased?

06/21/2016 at 9:12 am
  2. Hello sophie 345,

The Anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) usually keeps its level steady throughout the whole menstrual cycle. It may vary with factors such a declining ovarian reserve, and if this happens, it cannot be recovered over time. In just 3 months time, the AMH doesn’t usually experience significant fluctuations, and in fact, it should decrease with age, not increase.

Guessing this elevated level is due to a mistake in the measurements taken to carry out one of these two tests. There exists no food or vitamin supplement that can improve your ovarian reserve or AMH levels. I don’t know what the measurement units of this tests are the same, but the base unit to measure AMH is usually ng/ml.

My advice is that you have the test done again, so that you can draw an accurate conclusion regarding your ovarian function and ovarian reserve. While with an AMH level of 1 to 2 ng/ml your ovarian reserve is fine, with a level of 0.7-1 ng/ml your ovarian reserve is too low and it may be an indicator that there are some complications in your ovary when interacting with stimulation of ovarian function medications

I hope I have been able to help,

Best regards

06/21/2016 at 1:51 pm