Repeating all my fertility tests all over again

1.  Anna Lincoln

Hello there, my name is Anna and I’m 36. About 4.5 years ago, I took a series of fertility tests to check my fertility status. It wasn’t because I was trying to conceive, but because someone was conducting a study at university and I decided to help him. Today I’m actually trying to conceive, but I found that I can’t get pregnant after almost a year trying to so so. I don’t understand, because in that moment everything was as it should. Could my fertility has changed after nearly 4 years? Will I have to repeat all the tests all over again?

February 28, 2016 at 9:15 am
    #8823 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Dear Anna,

female fertility keeps on diminishing over time, as the woman gets older, especially from age 35 onwards and more markedly after the age of 40 up until menopause. This means that yes, the results of your hormone analyses may have changed considerably if compared to those you obtained 4.5 years ago.

My advice in your case is that you repeat all the tests all over again to determine what is the reason that is your hindering your possibilities of getting pregnant.

I hope I have been able to help,

March 16, 2016 at 6:03 pm
    #8824 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
AI was yesterday, can we engage into sexual intercourse today? 2 1 year ago
Are success rates of donor insemination cumulative as well? 2 11 months ago
Best in vitro fertilization clinics for egg donation in Spain 2 5 months ago
Azoospermia and FSH levels above 15 mIU/ml 2 8 months ago
How long should we have faith on nature before giving IVF a try? 5 6 months ago
I am new to all of this 3 1 year ago
First IUI treatment with donor sperm: how many attempts to get a BFP? 2 8 months ago
Am I suffering by default from endometriosis if I have an endometrioma cyst? 2 1 year ago
Sperm donation with PCOS and SRY mutation 2 8 months ago
No pregnancy after 10 months doing the baby dancing before ovulation 2 6 months ago