Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Tandem IVF cycle at age 40

Tandem IVF cycle at age 40

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">christina mercy</span>
    christina mercy

Hello Doc, we live in the UK and have already 3 treatments done here. First one was one natural IVF cycle, 2nd was mild IVF – small doses for only 4 days. Third was short Bruserelin protocol for 9-10 days. None of them worked… Doctor said as I’m 40 I should move to egg donation, but I’d be devastated if I had to say no to my own genetic code, so someone told me about tandem IVF and I wanna give my own eggs a last chance, just to make sure. I know the quality of my eggs is low, but it’s our last chance..

05/01/2016 at 5:39 pm
  2. Hello christina,

Tandem IVF cycles allow women with fertility issues to use their own eggs or donor eggs in order to have a baby. With a tandem IVF cycle, you have some donated eggs reserved for later use in case you don’t achieve success with your own eggs.

Tandem IVF cycles are indicated for women over age 38, with high FSH levels, as well as those with poor egg quality or low ovarian reserve. It may also be indicated to poor responders. Tandem cycles do not translate into higher doses of fertility medications, since it does not involve the retrieval of a high number of eggs, but just obtaining those with the highest quality.

The main disadvantage of this fertility procedure is that it is usually more expensive than a donor cycle or IVF with your own eggs, but it is a way of giving your own eggs a last chance.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

05/03/2016 at 1:14 pm
Leave a reply