Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Trying to conceive while donating some of your eggs

Trying to conceive while donating some of your eggs

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Mummy4Evah</span>
    Mummy4Evah

Hello there, I want to become an egg donor but at the same time I’d love to gift someone with my eggs, and let the become parents too! I’m 26 and can’t wait to see a BFP after taking a pregnancy test. Is it possible to donate some of your eggs if you’re Ttc? Or is it incompatible? TIA

05/15/2016 at 5:05 pm
  2. Hello Mummy4Evah,

I’m afraid you’ll have to establish an schedule before getting started, as there exist some incompatible aspects between these two processes, that is to say, egg donation and trying to conceive.

If you get pregnant before getting yourself started with the egg donation process, you won’t be able to follow the medical treatment required for producing a higher number of eggs. Keep in mind that, when a woman donates her eggs, she has to undergo controlled ovarian stimulation (COS), a process which cannot be begun if the woman is pregnant. On the other hand, throughout the cycle you start while donating your eggs, some residual follicles may develop, which would mean that you release more than one egg, and therefore an increased risk for having a multiple pregnancy.

Once you finish the treatment for donating your eggs, your period will show up. From that cycle on, you can start TTC in a perfect normal way, free from any contraindication.

I hope this helps,

Best

05/24/2016 at 8:30 am
Leave a reply