Two positive HPTs on day 10 post blastocyst embryo transfer

1.  Lagniappe

Hello ladies, I had one, 5 day blastocyst transferred on the 4th of April and today I’m 10dpt. I did a HPT yesterday and it came out positive and today repeated it again with BFN as well. Does this mean I’m pregnant or is it just an illusion due to fertility medications? Or is it too early and it may be a false positive? Please, give me a hint and this would change my life from now on!!!!

April 14, 2016 at 8:37 am
    #9110 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Dear Lagniappe,

As it was a blastocyst embryo transfer, which mean your embryo was already on day 5 o embryo development, you can take a pregnancy test on day 10dpt and get an accurate result. In cases of blastocyst transfer, there’s no need to wait for 15 days (two weeks) to take the pregnancy test, as the embryo was already 5 days (5 + 10 = 15 days).

Besides, if you’ve taken not only 1 test but 2, it means that you are pregnant for sure 🙂 Anyway, my advice is that you take a blood pregnancy test (quantitative beta-hCG test) in order to find out what your hCG levels are at the moment, which will tell you whether everything is going as expected or not.

The following thread may be of interest (there you’ll find a hCG levels chart): Quantitative human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) test.

I hope I have been able to help and congrats 🙂

April 14, 2016 at 8:44 am
    #9111 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
False-positive result after artificial insemination 2 1 year ago
Nausea after egg donation 2 8 months ago
Day 10 post embryo transfer and brown spotting 2 6 months ago
AI was yesterday, can we engage into sexual intercourse today? 2 1 year ago
Donor-egg IVF and positive pregnancy test 4 4 months ago
Red bleeding 10 days after embryo transfer with ICSI 2 8 months ago
When does the embryo implant after IVF embryo transfer? 4 1 year ago
Orgasm in sleep after IVF 2 9 months ago