We have finally achieved our dream!

1. Hello everyone! We just came back from the hospital! We met our kids!!!!! I am so freaking happy!!! Just can’t believe that we are parents already! I am thinking of those days when I was just dreaming about becoming a mother! I am sorry that I can’t share the photos, because we didn’t have the chance to do them because we only had 30 minutes with our kids, but we watched how the nurses fed them. Oh my god. I feel like I could fly, I can’t even tell you how happy I am!! Girls and guys here, believe in your dreams. They will come true definitely!!!
    I am sorry for such a huge amount of exclamation points but you can imagine how happy I am. Tomorrow we are going to know eventually when we are taking our boys home. I am happy, so happy!!

October 5, 2016 at 3:04 pm
    #10285 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Congratulations, Gwineth!

October 5, 2016 at 4:34 pm
    #10286 Reply
    • Sandra, Thank you! I am so happy and can’t contain my feels, today is the day when we get to see our babies again. We are waiting to go to the clinic in 3 hours to meet the interpreter and we are off to go to the maternity house. I am so so nervous.

October 6, 2016 at 8:53 am
      #10290 Reply
  3. Hey gwineth! I’m so happy for you… congrats! x
    Was it through gestational surrogacy? And you said “kids”… I understand you had twins?
    I’m so happy 4 u! Hope everything works that fine with me too

October 5, 2016 at 4:37 pm
    #10287 Reply
    • Leslie, Thank you! I appreciate this so much, all of your kind words! Yes, it was through gestational surrogacy. I am getting my baby boys in the clinic abroad and here the traditional surrogacy is forbidden. We had to find the donor apart from the matching with the surrogate mother. Yes, they are twins! Max and Ivon. We have been thinking a lot on their names and we thought that those ones are perfect for our babies because they represent the country of their surrogate and we hope to contact her in the future to share what her kids look like.

October 6, 2016 at 8:56 am
      #10291 Reply
    • Wow, amazing! We considered surrogacy, but finally decided to go 4 embryo adoption – you know, it’s a question of money, sadly.
      May I ask you where are you from? I’m interested in surrogacy abroad, want to find out more about the countries which offer the best conditions… I’ve heard quite a lot about the US but honestly here it’s become TOO MUCH in terms of money, etc.
      Our 1st attempt with embryo adoption was unsuccessful and now we’re waiting 4 our 2nd cycle but my ovulation induction process is taking longer this time.
      Btw… out of curiosity… how was your relationship with the gestational carrier?
      Nice to meet you gwineth! I’m so happy 4 you
      PS: The names are so beautiful!! I’m sure they’ll be the happiest babies ever 😉

October 6, 2016 at 9:05 am
      #10293 Reply
    • Thank you again, you are so positive and kind. It’s so nice to meet a person like you! We are from Denmark. Here only altruistic surrogacy is legal, but not the gestational one. So in terms of time and money we had to think about other options. For us the best choice was Ukraine, it’s close to us and in terms of prices it is very cheap. We had paid like 50k for everything and all of the surrogate contracts have unlimited attempts in them so in case we fail we will be able to restart the program right away.
      The surrogate mother she is honestly the best. When we had the chance to actually meet her she was kind and cheerful. But in our clinic we do not have the right to meet the surrogate mom before the start of the program and up until her 12 week scan. We are not allowed to choose her as we do with the donors. we do not know her that well but from what we saw and what we heard we felt like she is a great person. We only could get her us pictures and a word or two from our manager on how she is doing.
      Honey, I hope that you will do okay and that you will get the biggest BFP out of all. You know how it works that with each treatment you will get your chances of success higher and higher! I wish you lots of luck.

October 6, 2016 at 9:47 am
      #10299 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
What can you tell me about surrogacy with donor egg in Ukraine? 4 2 weeks ago
Gamete donation and surrogate motherhood 2 8 months ago
Greece, Ukraine, Canada… Best destination for surrogacy? 4 2 weeks ago
Asherman’s syndrome, multiple miscarriages and surrogacy 3 7 months ago
Surrogacy abroad and transmission of US citizenship 2 5 months ago
Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a US Citizen (CRBA) 2 5 months ago
Is the Catholic Church against surrogacy? 3 2 weeks ago
What should we look for in a surrogate? 4 2 weeks ago
Surrogate mother and intended parent relationship 3 2 weeks ago