What are the side effects of egg donation?

1.  Brooke Chadwick

Hello there! Today I’ve been doing some research regarding egg donation and i think I’m rather interested in becoming a donor, since you don’t only help other who need it, but also get money for that, so I’m quite interested, you know. The only thing I haven’t clarified to myself yet is which are the risks involved in this process, I mean, what are the side effects of egg donation, for example, will it affect my future own fertility? I haven’t made up my mind yet, but probably I’d like to have a baby in the future, one of my own, so I want to make sure everything will be okay and once the process is finished, I will be able to totally “forget” about it in terms of fertility and all that staff… Thanks!

October 28, 2015 at 9:43 pm
    #7411 Reply
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    inviTRA's Moderator

Hello Brooke,

In principle, if the egg donation process occurs in a normal way, that is, without any extra problem, the egg donor’s fertility is not compromised nohow. And the most common is that no complications are involved or appear during the whole process.

In fact, egg donors can donate multiple times without their fertility being compromised. This means you can have as many children of your own as you wish, and you can be sure that no added problems derived from the donation you did in the past and/or its medications will appear.

Here you can find further info about having a baby via egg donation: Having a baby using donated eggs.

Hope I’ve helped you diminishing the fear you had regarding egg donation and your future fertility. In fact, I encourage you to donate your eggs, since this way you can help many women becoming mothers 😉

October 29, 2015 at 3:55 pm
    #7412 Reply
Other topics related to this forumMessagesUpdated
How long does it take to be matched once you are in the donor program? 2 11 months ago
Unplanned pregnancy after donating my eggs 2 9 months ago
I already have 3 children, can I still be an egg donor? 2 10 months ago
I’m 35, is it too late to donate my eggs? 2 11 months ago
Can I become an egg donor if I am over 18 years old? 2 1 year ago
What does egg donation involve? 2 1 year ago
Potential egg donor concerned about OHSS 5 6 months ago
Donor conception with Turner syndrome 2 10 months ago
IUD insertion and egg donation, is it possible? 2 5 months ago
Is IVF cheaper if you donate eggs? 2 11 months ago