The advantages of using this medicine for assisted reproduction cycles are as follows:
- Development of multiple follicles. Since an ovum develops in each follicle, using medicines containing FSH will enable the development of a larger number of eggs, which in turn increases the chances for pregnancy.
- It does not contain LH. Thus, possible side effects on follicle development derived from the administration of high doses of luteinising hormone disappear.
- It does not contain urinary proteins. Thus, possible side effects derived from these proteins disappear, especially after several ovarian stimulation cycles.
The administration of recombinant FSH, apart from the above mentioned effects, presents several advantages due to its high degree of purity:
- Increased ovarian response
- A lower dose is administered
- Shorter length of the treatment