This medicine is prescribed for women undergoing assisted reproductive treatments in order to become pregnant by triggering the ovarian follicles ripening, thus preparing them for ovulation.
Ovitrelle is not indicated in these conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to choriogonadotropin alfa or to any of the excipients of Ovitrelle
- Ovarian, uterine or mammary carcinoma
- Tumours of the hypothalamus or pituitary gland
- Gynaecological haemorrhages of unknown aetiology
- Ovarian enlargement or cyst due to reasons other than polycystic ovarian disease
- Extrauterine or ectopic pregnancy in the previous 3 months
- Active thrombo-embolic disorders
- Pregnant women or women that are breastfeeding.
- Primary ovarian failure
- Postmenopausal women
- Malformations of sexual organs incompatible with pregnancy
- Fibroid tumours of the uterus incompatible with pregnancy
The experts of the area are aware of the cases in which it is not recommended to provide Ovitrelle. That’s why it’s highly important to be completely sincere in the interview and give the professionals as much information as possible.