Decapeptyl SR is a GnRH analogue (gonadotropin-releasing hormone).
Its format is Decapeptyl SR 3mg, powder for suspension for injection.
- Active substance: Triptorelin. It is a GnRH analog.
- Qualitative and quantitative composition: Triptorelin (I.N.N.) 4.2mg, as triptorelin acetate. The vial contains an overage to ensure that a dose of 3mg is administered to the patient. Excipients: D,L-lactide/glycolide copolymer, Mannitol, Carmellose sodium, Polysorbate 80
- Nature and contents of container: A type I, 5mL capacity glass vial with an elastomer stopper and an aluminium cap containing the powder. Type I, 3mL capacity glass ampoule containing 2mL of the suspension vehicle. Box containing 1 vial and 1 ampoule with 1 syringe and 2 needles.
- Clinical particulars. Therapeutic indications: Female infertility. Complementary treatment in association with the gonadotropins (hMG, FSH and hCG) in the course of ovulation induction in view of in-vitro fertilisation or ICSI.
- Contraindications: Hypersensitivity to GnRH, its analogues or any other component of the medicinal product. Pregnancy and lactation.
- Possible side effects: Isolated cases of suffocations, asthenia, severe headache, and migraine have occurred. Injection site erythema may occur. Effects on ability to drive and use machine: none.
- Interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction: No interactions with other drugs have been reported.
- Special precautions for storage: Do not store above 25°C. Keep the container in the outer carton. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Special precautions for disposal and other handling: The suspension for injection must be reconstituted using an aseptic technique and only using the ampoule of mannitol solution 0.8% for injection that is provided as the suspension vehicle for Decapeptyl SR 3mg. The suspension vehicle should be drawn into the syringe provided using one of the injection needles and transferred to the vial containing the powder for injection. The vial should be shaken from side to side until a homogeneous suspension is formed, and the mixture then drawn back into the syringe without inverting the vial. The injection needle should then be changed and the second needle used to administer the injection. As the product is a suspension, the injection should be administered immediately after reconstitution to prevent sedimentation. To ensure patients receive the correct dose, each vial of Decapeptyl SR 3mg contains a small overage to allow for predictable losses on reconstitution and injection. The vial is intended for single use only and any remaining product should be discarded. Used injection needles should be disposed of in a designated sharps container.
Please note that this a prescription-only item.
Always take Decapeptyl SR exactly as your doctor has told you.
Source: Electronic Medicines Compendium (The electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC) contains up to date, easily accessible information about medicines licensed for use in the UK.)
Our editors have made great efforts to create this content for you. By sharing this post, you are helping us to keep ourselves motivated to work even harder.