Criteria and editorial quality policy in our publications
Contents by medical professionals
- All publications of inviTRA are own content written or provided by medical experts with studies in the field of infertility, embryology or gynecology/obstetrics. [See Team]
- All publications are signed by the medical specialist that has written them or participated with a video-interview, FAQ… All specialists have their own profile. When clicking on their name, you will see their profile’s page, with the academic qualifications that make him or her an specialist in the field.
- The sources of information used must be official institutions, accredited professionals or references with an evident scientific basis. These references will be added to the context of the article or the References section of each post. In case the reference is accessible at no charge through the Internet, the author of the post will place a link, prioritizing these references.
- The medical terminology used can be found in the U. S. National Library of Medicine, which includes different vocabulary thesauri, like the MeSH, UMLS, RxNom, and SNOMED CT.
Multimedia and related contents
- The medical and health contents published will be accompanied by graphic illustrations, pictures or explainer videos that allow the reader to understand in more detail the most complex aspects of Reproductive Medicine.
- Any additional publication, illustration or graphic element attached to an article must be checked by a doctor or specialist that is well-versed in the area of Assisted Procreation.
- Pictures, illustrations, and other graphic resources contain an individual description in an external webpage from the main article. When someone clicks on the graphic resource, a new page will open to see in better detail the graphic resource and read the description. The purpose of this measure is for the graphic resource to have an individual meaning in case a user access an illustration directly.
- In case it is necessary to add other contents to a publication that have not been created or provided to inviTRA, we will request the corresponding authorization to get the right of publication and will quote the source of information.
- All publications, forum threads or replies are linked to related posts or any other supplemental content in order to allow the user to understand or a particular response or get more info.
- All publications include the date of update and last revision
- Publications are updated whenever we are aware that a particular medical procedure has changed, or if we consider it appropriate to provide readers with more info. By doing this, we guarantee up-to-date information in all cases. Moreover, if a doctor considers a particular question from a user relevant enough, he or she can add it to the “FAQs from users” section of each article in order for it to be seen along with the main content, thereby being visible for other users.
- To be able to add new quality contents, doctors, editors, and project managers must update their knowledge in the field regularly. To this end, attending the world’s most important events is crucial, including the ones organized by the ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology). The following are some certificates of attendance of the Project Managers: [PDF 1] [PDF 2].
Medical content that is comprehensible by patients and well organized
- The ultimate goal of inviTRA is that users understand the information they find. To achieve this, we ask doctors and specialists to use a professional but comprehensible language for each publication, illustration or video-interview, as if they were addressing to a patient at their office, instead of speaking as if they were giving a conference or speech to the scientific community.
- All posts contain a Table of Contents to help structure the contents and makes it easier for users to read them.
- Information must be clear and well organized, with titles and subtitles that create a hierarchy of contents.
Advertising through contents is now allowed
- We don’t allow self-promotion of medical services through the articles.. Clinics, sponsors, or medical professionals that participate or contribute with contents to our project are not allowed to advertise their services or clinics, or self-promote, using these contents. Thus, the purpose of the articles published, replies to FAQs or videos is to offer medical information and answer questions from patients from a medical viewpoint. Advertising is permitted on the spaces enable for that purpose.
- All ads and contents published for advertising purposes will be duly identified with the text “Advertising” in order not to interfere with the contents or mislead the user.
Pluralism, impartiality & participation of users
- We believe in pluralism as a tool to boost the quality of our contents. Most of the articles that you will find at inviTRA have been supervised by several doctors (correctly identified) that work at multiple clinics or medical facilities (authorized as well). This adds a variety of viewpoints and professional experiences to the contents that help to boost the quality of our publications, as well as to make patients understand that medical issues can be solved via different treatments. These differences will depend on the doctor’s expertise or the resources he or she has at hand.
- After many years on the road creating medical contents, we are aware that a doctor can provide solutions based on the resources available at the medical facility he or she works at. In other words, the solutions to offer are dependent on the availability of resources at their disposal. So, thanks to pluralism and the participation of multiple doctors, clinics and hospitals, we preserve the impartiality of our contents and improve their quality.
- Our publications allow the participation of the community as well. We believe that communication is a two-way thing. Users must be able to post comments, raise questions, or provide their experience in relation to a particular content published by a doctor. Multiple participation of users enriches and improves the overall quality of our contents, thereby adding different viewpoints to a single topic (professional and patient perspectives).
- All publications, forum threads or replies can be easily shared on social media.
Moderation controls, comments & forum
- We perform a thorough moderation control, with a strict moderation protocol for the comments posted on posts and forum threads to prevent the publication of inaccurate or misleading information.
- We perform an extensive control to stop forum spam, too. Also, we automatically delete any content that refers to the sell between individuals of medications, as defined in our Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines.
Clinic & professional directory
- Clinics and medical professionals published on inviTRA’s directory include an extensive analysis as well as an objective description written by external staff.
- We verify that all companies and medical professionals listed in our directory have a medical license that enables them to carry on their profession.
- We check whether they have an in-house laboratory to carry out in situ the different reproductive technologies, or if they have to refer the patient to another clinic that has a lab.
- We check if they share their statistical data and have a transparency policy.
- We check if they have an in-house surgery room.
- We list all the fertility treatments they offer to patients.
- We publish pictures of the clinic (facilities, building, etc.)
- We check other key aspects, including: if they offer egg and/or sperm donation programs, if they offer financing options, if they have 24-hour emergency medical care, if they have recovery rooms, the languages they speak, if they offer services for international patients too, and so on.
This information doesn’t replace your visit to the doctor
- The content published on inviTRA aims to add information and not to replace it, that is, our goal is not to replace the relationship between a patient or user and his or her doctor.
- All the publications, forum threads or replies include a footnote to warn our users that the information published doesn’t replace your visit to a licensed doctor in any case.
Our motto is that prevention comes before detection and correction. For this reason, all medical publications focus, as long as possible, on the application of prevention measures in order to avoid future problems.
We communicate directly with all users that request medical advice via WhatsApp, email or phone. Our goal is always to help them in their journey toward achieving pregnancy and the birth of a healthy baby. [See our contact details]
Our contents are based on a series of diversity and equality policies. [See them now]
Users are free to use the contents of this Website as a reading or source of information. However, a User should not make use of the contents published herein in order to self-medicate or make decisions by themselves to replace the visit to their doctor. Such decisions could lead to severe health problems. For this reason, the information provided herein should be duly contrasted by your doctor. Click here to read more about our Liability: Legal Notice.
Moreover, if you want to reproduce our contents in your Website or a particular publication, you must follow our rules as explained in our Copyright Policy.
Confianza Online Trustmark
inviTRA is a committed company and has obtained the trust mark by Confianza Online, which means that it complies with the points set in their Ethical Code.