Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
2 days post embryo transfer symptoms

2 days post embryo transfer symptoms

1. jbytl
    jbytl

Hello! I did my transfer last Saturday (6/23) and on the day of and the 1st day of transfer the only symptom that I felt was twitching or pinching in my belly and I’ve been eating a lot and sore/sensitive breast. but today 2 dpt I don’t feel any twitching/pinching on my belly and my breast are not that sore. Is that a bad sign?

06/26/2018 at 9:04 am
  2. Dear jbytl,

The symptoms you’re describing are due to fertility medications. Two days post embryo transfer is still too early for you to have embryo implantation symptoms. It’s impossible that the embryo has attached to your endometrial lining yet, in fact.

On the other hand, having symptoms during the 2WW doesn’t mean that pregnancy has occurred, and the same the other way around. Each woman is different and experiences embryo implantation and pregnancy differently.

My advice is that you try not to become obsessed with having symptoms during the 2WW.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best wishes

06/26/2018 at 9:17 am
  3. Hi! 2ww is always a difficult stage to survive. I found this on the internet and thought it might be interesting to know how our embies make their home inside. This is a day by day look at what should happen following a successful transfer ~
    Day 1: The blastocyst begins to hatch out of the shell – this is called hatching. The cells will carry on dividing throughout this process.
    Day 2: The blastocyst continues hatching and begins to attach itself to the uterine lining – this is an incredibly important part of the process.
    Day 3: The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining and implantation begins. It’s perfectly normal to experience some bleeding or spotting around this time and it’s not a cause for concern.
    Day 4: The blastocyst digs deeper into the uterus and attaches to the endometrial blood supply. Some people experience more bleeding at this stage, but a lack of bleeding or spotting also doesn’t mean that it has not been successful.
    Day 5: Implantation is considered complete and the embryo is developing, along with the cells that will eventually become the placenta.
    Day 6: Placenta cells secrete hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), which is the hormone picked up in pregnancy tests. The hormone triggers increased progesterone release in the first trimester to enrich the uterus lining and sustain the growing embryo/foetus.
    Day 7: The embryo is now a foetus and yet more hCG is present in the blood stream as the placenta continues to develop.
    Everyone’s symptoms differ much. Some do not have any at all. Fingers crossed for your luck!!

07/24/2018 at 1:11 pm
Leave a reply