Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
4 Days Post Embryo Transfer Symptoms

4 Days Post Embryo Transfer Symptoms

1. nena88
    nena88

I am currently 4 days past frozen embryo transfer (5 day blastocyst). We transferred two embryos. This is our second cycle and our first cycle ended in chemical pregnancy. I did not make it to week 5. On the first cycle however, I felt more noticeable symptoms than this time. I am beginning to worry that this cycle may not have worked due to the lack of symptoms.

This time we have also done two intrilipid infusions to hopefully prevent another miscarriage. Is it safe to assume that every pregnancy is different? i shouldn’t compare this to my last cycle as it was not a successful one? Just looking for some guidance.. everything seemed to have gone perfectly this time around.

06/10/2018 at 3:45 am
  2. Hello nena88,

Yes, it is safe to assume that every pregnancy is different. And yes, you should not compare this to your last cycle. Perhaps the chemical pregnancy you went through the last time was an isolated event. In any case, 4 days after FET is too early for embryo implantation to have taken place, so there’s no possible way for you to have pregnancy symptoms at all.

Keep in mind that the medications you have to take for ovarian stimulation and endometrial preparation can cause you a whole lot of pregnancy-like and period-like symptoms that may be confused with implantation signs. But having no symptoms at all doesn’t mean that the treatment has been unsuccessful – as you said each pregnancy and woman is different.

I know surviving the 2WW can be hard, but it’s necessary to obtain accurate results after taking a pregnancy test. I recommend that you read: When to Do a Pregnancy Test? – How to Use, Results & Accuracy.

I hope this helps,

Best regards

06/11/2018 at 9:13 am
    • Wow thank you for that explanation. I made the mistake of testing Sunday and it was negative. I think I just caused myself unneeded stress. My beta is tomorrow. I’m nervous. It really is impossible to know before that blood test.

06/12/2018 at 4:27 pm
Leave a reply