Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Advantages of choosing embryo adoption instead of traditional adoption

Advantages of choosing embryo adoption instead of traditional adoption

1. selenescott
    selenescott

Hello Sandra,
    We’ve been reading some of your replies to other people here and your kindness is so big that we can’t resist to share some doubts with you… let’s see if you can help us out. Well, doctor says the best thing for us would be adopting an embryo, and we agree because it involves less money for us to spend. At first our idea was traditional adoption of a newborn – we know there’re many children out there in foster care, and my heart breaks every time I see them on the telli, but this we also think adopting an embryo is equally ethical and would be the right thing for us to do. Anyway we’re not 100% sure, and despite we’ve been planning it for a long time, we still are full of questions and maybe you could give us some answers. Our question is simple: what are the main advantages of embryo adoption if compared to traditional adoption?
    Just wondering, no rush.

06/26/2016 at 3:39 pm
  2. Dear selene,

Well, better than talking about “advantages”, I will be talking about the main differences of each procedure, and each individual person can consider them to be advantageous or not.

Firstly, perhaps the most obvious difference between them is the pregnancy experience. Adoptive mothers of donor embryos are still able to go through the pregnancy and childbirth phases. Some women feel “closer” to the child if they give birth to the baby, and therefore consider this to be an advantage.

Secondly, embryo adoption entails certain considerations that should be taken into account from the very beginning. For example, when a woman is transferred a donated embryo, she cannot be sure it will result in a live birth. Also, when more than a single embryo are transferred, you’re likely to have twins, or even triplets.

Finally, as regards the parental rights of the child resulting from the donation, you can be sure you will be the legal parents of the child.

I hope this helps,

Regards

06/27/2016 at 4:22 pm
Leave a reply
Other topics related to this forum