Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Are there any infertility options other than IVF?

Are there any infertility options other than IVF?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Chameleon</span>
    Chameleon

Hi guys!

Since I’ve been struggling to conceive I have done some research on infertility issues and always come across IVF. Is this the only method possible or has someone like me other options? The thing is I’m hesitant to go to a doctor since I fear the high costs of a fertility treatment. I don’t know if there is any insurance coverage for this. I would like to try it with alternative methods if it’s possible. Also, I don’t know how to test myself if I’m really infertile or not.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much.

11/10/2020 at 1:10 pm
  2. Hi Chameleon,

there are actually plenty of fertility treatments available whose use, however, depends on the reason why you are struggling to get pregnant. Therefore, it is best to evaluate your infertility issues by means of a female fertility study and, in the case of a male partner, a male fertility study at a specialized fertility center.

A female fertility test consists of a series of tests such as blood and hormone tests, gynecological exams, hysterosalpingography or chromosome testing, etc. Furthermore, if you have a male partner, it’s most probably that he will also need to undergo a basic fertility evaluation which consists of blood tests and a semen analysis in order to evaluate his sperm quality.

Read more about fertility testing in men and women here: Female Fertility Tests – How Do You Know if You Can’t Get Pregnant? and Male Fertility Testing – How Do You Know if You Are Infertile?

Based on the results of the fertility studies, the doctor will indicate which fertility treatment to apply.

I also recommend you read the post about Assisted Reproductive Technologies which provides you with a general overview of fertility treatments available.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes

11/16/2020 at 1:20 pm
Leave a reply
Other topics related to this forum