Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How many eggs is a woman able to produce for egg donation?

How many eggs is a woman able to produce for egg donation?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Ariadne Hemsworth</span>
    Ariadne Hemsworth

Hello,
    how many eggs on average do egg donors produce? You see, I’m concerned because I want my fertility cycle to succeed on the very first attempt… and what if my donor does not produce enough eggs for me? I want to be transferred as many embryos as possible, do whatever it takes to get pregnant!! I’m 43 and can’t wait any longer to have a baby after 3 failed marriages my current boyfriend is the love of my life and don’t want to lose him because of being sterile.

02/22/2016 at 2:39 pm
  2. Hello Ariadne,

first and foremost, egg production after taking ovulation induction drugs depends on each individual person and how she and her body respond to the medication. Nevertheless, the average number of eggs produced by an egg donor can range from 5 to 35 or even more. Of course, the greater the number produced, the better.

Best wishes!

03/07/2016 at 12:42 pm
  3. Well, my first ever go at ovum pick-up was today after 15 days of needles, no drinking coffee, no wine, no nothing… And hoping to God everything would go smoothly. All injections were fine, my follicles were all good. I triggered at the exact moment specified, which was on Saturday. We were expecting like 10-15 eggs… but guess how many… 0!!! Yes, not a single egg, nothing!! Doctor says I ovulated earlier than the 36 hours… I’m devastated right now. I was about to donate my eggs to my cousin and now I’ve caused her so much more grief than that she was carrying before. It’s all my fault 🙁

04/21/2016 at 1:42 pm
    • I don’t understand ’cause there’s an injection that prevents early ovulation… They should’ve foreseen this!!!! It’s called Orgalutran and works by preventing the body from ovulation before the collection… I’m sorry lady! It’s not your fault anyway!

04/22/2016 at 5:21 pm
  4. They told me this is rare and they have never ever seen it… I’m just so angry because I was not educated that this would happen, you know?

04/23/2016 at 12:32 pm
    • They should’ve scanned you before ovulation, don’t understand this…

04/24/2016 at 7:02 pm
Leave a reply