Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Becoming a GC after oocyte donation

Becoming a GC after oocyte donation

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">RICHELLE MEYER</span>
    RICHELLE MEYER

Hello, I live in California and before having my adorable twin girls, I donated eggs. Now I’d like to be a gestational carrier to help a couple of friends become parents… I want them to be on the bundle of joy I’m currently with my 2 babies… Regardless, I’d like to know if doing this is possible, I mean donating eggs and then being a GC. Thx

05/29/2016 at 6:30 pm
  2. Hello RICHELLE,

yes, not having donated eggs is not a pre-requisite for becoming a gestational carrier in Caifornia, so you’re free to do it. In general, women cannot be egg donors and surrogates at the same time, that is to say, undergoing traditional surrogacy – in which the surrogate is the genetic mother of the unborn child. However, you can become the gestational carrier of a baby conceived using the eggs and sperms from other persons – whether they are the intended parents or donors.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best regards

05/30/2016 at 3:17 pm
  3. Hello richelle, just to let you know… I’m currently 10 weeks pregnant with a big, healthy surrobaby! I’m planning to do just the other way around… IF is happy and counting the days to see his little bean on an ultrasound scan again!! 😀

When I give birth to this little one, still have 2 embabies chilling together for after baby M is born!!! I’m seriously considering doing egg donation again, but not just once… I’d like to be a repetitive oocyte donor… God knows if it’ll be possible 🙂

06/20/2016 at 5:10 pm
Leave a reply