Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
BFP with endometriosis… Chances of miscarriage?

BFP with endometriosis… Chances of miscarriage?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">hellothere</span>
    hellothere

Hi there, i’m in a bundle of joy currently because i just got a bfp after my ivf embryo transfer, after years struggling with endometriosis!!! My hcg level is 347 and dr said it’s a normal result 🙂
    But i’m afraid i’ve stage four endometriosis and i’m actually very concerned because i know my pregnancy will be more complicated and there’s still some risk of miscarriage for me… it would be devastating because by ttc journey’s been too long. is it true that the miscarriage rates are higher with severe endo?
    Thank you guys!

02/09/2018 at 4:09 pm
  2. Dear hellothere,

Firstly, congratulations for your BFP! It’s indeed a very good beta-hCG value 🙂

On the other hand, it is completely true that the miscarriage rate with endometriosis (stages 3 and 4 especially) is higher. However, the good news is that it does not mean that it’s going to happen by default. It’s just a reminded to let you be aware of the fact that the risk is there, especially during the first weeks of pregnancy.

My advice for you now is that you try to keep as calm as possible. It’s important that you follow your doctor’s instructions strictly.

Wishing you all the best!

Regards

02/12/2018 at 11:51 am
Leave a reply