Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Bleeding after testing positive for pregnancy with donor eggs, I’m trembling with fear

Bleeding after testing positive for pregnancy with donor eggs, I’m trembling with fear

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">LINDA ROSE</span>
    LINDA ROSE

Hello,

After doing an IVF cycle with donor eggs, I got a positive HPT… I was very happy because it had worked in the very first attempt. But now it’s 10 days after that day and this morning I started bleeding with no apparent reason. It was no heavy bleeding, but more like brown discharge, but I’m very scared, is it a bad sign? Does it mean I miscarried?

Please tell me this is not happening!!

01/26/2016 at 5:36 pm
  2. Hello LINDA ROSE,

Firstly, let me say congratulations for your BFP! Now, as for the bleeding you’ve described, light bleeding is a normal symptom in your situation, both due to embryo implantation and on early pregnancy. As yours, light bleeding after getting a positive result is usually looks brown or pinkish, and is mild to moderate in intensity. Nevertheless, bleeding during pregnancy is an indicator that you should visit your gynecologist to check whether everything is going as it should.

In case your bleeding goes heavier, then we may be before a possible miscarriage. But if not, it usually disappears after a few days of rest while waiting until everything returns to normal.

Hope this helps,

Regards

02/01/2016 at 5:43 pm
Leave a reply