Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Boston IVF sperm bank

Boston IVF sperm bank

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Misha</span>
    Misha

Hi there,

I’m interested in single motherhood and looking into fertility treatments with donor sperm. I’m from Boston and I heard of Boston IVF, they work with sperm banks. Could anyone tell me about their experience? With which sperm bank did you go in the end? How does the process work?

05/01/2020 at 9:39 am
  2. Hey you,

I had IUI with sperm donation. The sample was provided by California Cryobank. It was a smooth process overall and I got pregnant during the first round of IUI. Ask me anything 🙂

05/14/2020 at 8:15 am
    • Hi snuggles! thanks for your answer. Glad to hear that you got pregnant so quickly. How did you find out whether the right treatment was IVF or IUI? Did you also get to know your sperm donor?

05/20/2020 at 5:51 pm
    • Hi Misha,

first of all, there are various options for single motherhood. Depending on your medical history, that means, if there are underlying fertility issues, you might need one treatment or the other.

The simplest and most economical fertility treatment is artificial insemination and it’s indicated for women with a good ovarian reserve and permeable fallopian tubes. On the other hand, in vitro fertilization is a more complex, and therefore, more costly technique and indicated in women with fertility issues.

However, which treatment is in your case, will be assessed thoroughly by your fertility doctor. In both cases, it will be necessary to resort to sperm donation. Read more about your pregnancy options as single here: How Can a Woman Get Pregnant Without a Man? – Your Options. If you want to know how artificial insemination works in detail, read on here: IUI with Donor Sperm – Definition, Process & Success Rates.

Hope this helps,

wish you all the best.

06/01/2020 at 9:52 am
    • wow, thank you so much for all that information! I read about DIY insemination in this post. Do you think this might be something for me? Should I try this first?

06/18/2020 at 4:58 pm
Leave a reply