Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Can first time sex make a girl pregnant?

Can first time sex make a girl pregnant?

1. tam@
    tam@

Dear doctor,
    I recently had sex with my girlfriend for the first time without protection. She didnt get her periods and now its delayed for 3 days… her last periods date is may 3rd. We had sex on may 17th still now she is not getting her periods so we doubted and tested but the pregnancy test shows negative only. And she is getting white discharge daily… Is she pregnant or not?? we are so much worried about this… please help us

06/06/2018 at 7:39 pm
  2. Dear tam,

If you had unsafe sex, she might be pregnant, yes. Pregnancy can happen anytime whenever vaginal sex with ejaculation inside occurs, including the first time she has sex. Moreover, pregnancy can happen even if you use the “pull-out method”, as pre-ejaculate may contain sperms as well. Perhaps the test is negative because she’s taken it too early. Or maybe it’s just a delayed period due to stress and not caused by a pregnancy. My advice is that you wait a few more days and repeat the test. If it’s negative again, then she’s not pregnant.

By the way, in order to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, you should use a condom or other birth control method. Check this guide out to find the most suitable for you: Which Contraceptives Really Work? – Types of Birth Control Methods.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best regards

06/07/2018 at 10:56 am
Leave a reply