Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Can I fall pregnant after taking the morning after pill?

Can I fall pregnant after taking the morning after pill?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">katie</span>
    katie

Hello, my last period was on May, 30 and I engaged into sexual intercourse with my husband on day June, 13. As soon as we finished I realized I was on my fertile days so we bought immediately the morning-after pill. An hour went by from the moment we finished until I took the pill. Now, according to my calculations (because my menstruation is quite regular) it should start on June, 29-30 but the thing is it’s still missing. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I look forward to receiving your reply ASAP. Anxiety is killing me. Thanks!

07/06/2015 at 1:46 pm
  2. Hi Katie,

If you’ve taken the morning-after pill in due time, that is to say, within 72 hours after you’ve had unprotected sex, there are no chances of pregnancy. Even if it has occurred during your fertile window, it stands for an effective emergency contraceptive.

Morning-after pill hormone levels are high, which can lead to small changes in your next period, i.e. it may be heavier or lighter or it may come later than expected or earlier. For this reason, it is likely that this month you experience a delay on your period but surely it will be as it’s always been very soon. As a matter of fact, this is the reason why these pills are intended for sporadic or emergency contraception and not to be a regular form of contraception.

Hope I’ve answered your question.

Best wishes.

07/06/2015 at 2:02 pm
  3. There’s always a slightest chance that contraception won’t work for you, so what was that, katie, weren’t you pregnant?

08/08/2015 at 7:56 am
    • Nice to meet you Lily and thanks for caring. No, everything was OK at the end… I mean, the pill worked so I’m not pregnant luckily! Have you ever experienced this? I mean, it didn’t work for you or what?

08/21/2015 at 10:47 am
  4. Hi welcome sister, you need not panic about this horrible situation in your life. I am here for you to share my personal life experience to solve out your problem in easy and effective way. It is good news that you are aware about latest medical research based treatment and solution that is very effective and high success rate. You should not compromise with your health at any cost. You should avoid unprotected sex to skip any type of future pregnancy related problem. Morning after pills is best method to balance your hormone level 2 to unprotected sex. You can handle this horrible situation with positive thinking and positive affirmation that provides maximum benefit for you in many ways. It is the best reliable way to handle emergency contraception.
    It is good idea to make proper planning to handle this horrible situation in your life in medical ways that is beneficial for you in long run. I want to suggest you to take pregnancy test and to know about early pregnancy symptoms that help you to handle your problem at hundred percent sure to avoid pregnancy. It is good news that you are aware about your health and understand early stages signal of your body to handle all type of problem in early stage. You get real time benefit of health and wealth in many ways. You should live healthy lifestyle with early morning walk and some easy yoga and meditation that is the best in class way to reduce stress and depression from your physical and mental level to overcome this horrible situation in easy way. I hope you get sufficient information to your future planning to defeat this horrible situation in your life. I am waiting for your reply to hear good news soon.

08/30/2017 at 9:25 am
Leave a reply