Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Is it possible to conceive with PCOS or should I better try DE IVF?

Is it possible to conceive with PCOS or should I better try DE IVF?

1. sibyl
    sibyl

Hi, there! My problem is PCOS. I’ve been diagnosed with this illness since I was in my early teens. Now, I’m 35 and I’m childless. I’ve already tried several treatments like clomid stimulation and ovarian drilling. However, nothing worked with me. My gyny says that I’d better try DE IVF. It’s not a simple choice for me, I should say. My hubby says that it’s a good chance for us to become parents. Is there anybody here who had PCOS and who managed to conceive?

06/23/2017 at 1:24 pm
  2. Hello hanna,

Women with PCOS can still become mothers, although the number of complications involved is normally higher. It does not necessarily cause infertility, but the chances of having a high-risk pregnancy are greater, and therefore you are more likely to have a miscarriage, develop gestational diabetes and/or high blood pressure.

Usually, PCOS causes the woman to have abnormal menstrual cycles as a consequence of altered FSH levels. Also, abnormal levels of insulin often decrease the quality of the eggs the woman produces, and these are the main reasons why women with PCOS have lower chances of getting pregnant or carry a pregnancy to term. If your gynecologist considers you should opt for DE IVF, then it might be the best option for you.

Also, if you finally undergo DE IVF, the following post might be helpful: Guide to being an egg donor recipient.

Finally, you should know that you can get detailed estimates from different fertility clinics according to your own personal situation. Just give our calculator a try: Get an individual cost estimate.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best wishes

06/23/2017 at 1:54 pm
  3. Hi! Firstly, I’m really sorry to hear about your health issue. As far as I know, there are quite a lot of women with PCOS who manage to conceive. Some of them just reduce some weight and it works. Are you overweight, hun? I would also recommend you to check your diet? Try to reduce crabs. This can also help. I wouldn’t hasten with DE IVF.

07/02/2017 at 9:26 pm
  4. Hi! I think all depends on the extent of your PCOS you actually have. Some ladies do manage to conceive. Others have distinct problems with doing this. I was also diagnosed with PCOS. My hubby and I spent 7 years ttc. We tried nearly everything. I managed to conceive only after DE IVF. The same did my sister. We think it’s a hereditary issue.

07/19/2017 at 8:21 pm
  5. Hi, ladies. Thanks for your answers. Actually, we don’t give up the idea to ttc naturally. We try our hardest, but haven’t achieved any result yet. As for DE IVF, I think I should do it in a year or so if I don’t manage to conceive naturally. However, I do want to succeed in doing this. This is the main reason why I try to get to know more information about this procedure. There are loads of offers, and it’s quite difficult to make a decision. Riley, could you please tell me what things did you take into consideration while choosing a clinic?

07/31/2017 at 1:57 pm
Leave a reply