Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Considering adoption after 2 failed IVF cycles

Considering adoption after 2 failed IVF cycles

1. Sonakshi
    Sonakshi

I need some advice from you guys the real experts. We did ivf and failed – we were not producing enough follicles. We did fet ivf twice once bfn and the other 5w5d miscarriage.
    The dr said there is no reason why fet ivf won’t work and we should try again. The dr said the clinic would help as much as they could with money.
    My question is this, should we stop these ivf procedures or just start the adoption process. We will have to borrow money from the bank for either option. Is there any serious health risks from all of this ivf medicine? We would like our own child, but adoption is a sure thing but the wait could be years. Please give me your opinions… fet ivf or adoption?

09/20/2017 at 6:22 pm
  2. Dear Sonakshi,

It varies on a case-by-case basis, but you can give IVF a few more tries if you’ve been only through 2 cycles.

I hope this helps,

Best

09/25/2017 at 10:01 am
    • Thank you Sandra F. for your suggestion. I will think about it once again.

10/02/2017 at 9:13 am
  3. Hey Sonakshi,
    Do not lose hope there are possibilities. Sandra suggests that two cycles may not be enough for you. The success rate of IVF depends on age. Have you considered surrogacy? I think it is also a prevailed practice. So, consider your options other than adoption. I would suggest you to put adoption as your last resort. Wish you success with next IVF cycles.

03/23/2018 at 9:06 am
  4. My Dear IVF is not only the solution you can go through surrogacy as well. I suggest before going toward the option of adoption consider surrogacy. It is legal and a very new technique to have your baby. Hope my suggestion worth giving. Best wishes Hun.

03/24/2018 at 6:40 pm
Leave a reply
You might also like