Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Cramps and abdominal pain 12 days after embryo transfer
Menu

Cramps and abdominal pain 12 days after embryo transfer

1. Alexia
    Alexia

Hi,

I am currently doing a fresh ivf cycle. Egg collection was on 15 Jan 2018 … Embryo transfer was done 2 days later on 17 Jan. 3 embryos.

Through the 1st week, i had bloating, headaches, stuffy nose and metallic taste in my mouth. On the 10th day post ET, i had a low grade fever n sorethroat with running/blocked nose. But it got better the next day after i took panadol n had a good rest. And freq urination becoz i drank lots of water.

Today is the 12th day after Embryo transfer, i couldnt wait so i bought a Home Pregnancy Kit (which claim it can detect HcG at low levels. Result was negative. Then i start having cramps which are very much like my menses cramps with on n off headaches. Beta is in 3 days (1 Feb 2018).

I am disappointed with HPT result and also menses like symptoms. But no bleeding or spotting so far.

Am i overworrying? Will my HcG level go up? Why did the HPT give a negative reading? Are the cramps normal? What are my chances?

Sorry. I’m overworrying now. I feel that like my other ivfs … this one isnt gonna be good. Sigh.

Thanks for listening

01/29/2018 at 6:30 pm
  2. Dear Alexia,

Although day 12 is still early to take a pregnancy test, the truth is that it’s only a few days before the actual due date. In other words, at this point the result may be real. However, my advice is that you take the test on the 1st of February to clear your doubts.

The symptoms you’re describing could be either PMS symptoms, first pregnancy symptoms, or due to the medications you’ve taken for the transfer cycle. I’m afraid to tell you that the only way to know the cause is by taking a test. Blood pregnancy tests are far more accurate than home pregnancy tests, by the way.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

01/30/2018 at 9:09 am
    • Thank you very much for your reply, Sandra.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for my blood test in 36 hours. I am trying to prepare myself for the worst …. and yet a small part of me says … it aint over till its over. Wish me luck!

I am dying from anxiety n overworrying here … though i may seem calm infront of friends. Sigh.

01/30/2018 at 3:22 pm
  3. I wonder anyone had similar experience and went on to have a BFP?

01/30/2018 at 11:03 pm
Leave a reply
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.