Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Delayed period after donating my eggs

Delayed period after donating my eggs

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">PutYourNameOnIt</span>
    PutYourNameOnIt

Hello girls,

On March, 2 I had my eggs picked up for donation. My period came on March, 12 but that time it was way longer than usually (+6 days). On March, 20 I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke but luckily he still hadn’t ejaculated so he brought out his penis outside and did it outside my vagina at the end. I was expecting my period for April, 11 but it’s still missing. After pondering it over I think it could be due an imbalance caused by egg donation… Do you agree or why is this happening to my body?

04/17/2016 at 6:12 pm
  2. Dear PutYourNameOnIt,

It is possible that the delay in your period is due to some hormonal imbalance caused after donating your eggs, yes. Anyway, for your own peace of mind, you can take a pregnancy test. But if, as you said, your boyfriend brought out his penis from your vagina before ejaculating, chances of pregnancy are almost non-existent, so taking a pregnancy test is not necessary actually.

My advice is that you wait to see if your period finally starts this month. Another option is visiting the fertility center where you donated your eggs and ask them any question about how egg donation cycles affect the donor’s following menstrual cycles.

The following posts might be of interest:

Risks and side effects of egg donation
    Being an egg donor

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

04/18/2016 at 10:11 am
    • Hi Sandra, I came across this thread by searching about this in Google and I find it perfect as my situation is kinda similar to that of PutYourNameOnIt. Like +1 month ago I donated my eggs but my period is still missing. I was told not to have sex after donating my eggs but soon I had a red spotting so I thought it was my period and started having sex. But then I realized it wasn’t and my real period is still missing… The thing is I feel pain on my ovaries, bloated stomach and yellowish discharge whenever I go to the toilet… Help me please!!!

04/20/2016 at 5:14 pm
  3. Hello Nicky1981,

My advice is that you visit the fertility clinic where you donated your eggs and share this issue with them, because the pain and symptoms you’re feeling could be caused by an infection due to egg retrieval. It is crucial that, in this case, you have it checked to see what is causing this irregularity.

See also Egg donation: Is it dangerous? What are the risks?

I hope I have been able to help,

Best

04/21/2016 at 9:02 am
Leave a reply