Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Delivery tips for first time mothers

Delivery tips for first time mothers

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Sandra</span>
    Sandra

Hello! I’m writing to you because I’m a first time mom and I’m 32 weeks pregnant now so it’s about time that I’m holding my little one on my hands 😀 But I’m very nervous about the impeding labor, I don’t know if it will be as painful as some friends told me or if I will be able to stand the whole process. What’s your advice? Do you think anesthesia is advisable or conversely it may make the process even more complicated? Please, I need someone to help me cope with all these feelings, thank you very much.

09/07/2015 at 6:04 pm
  2. Many women have exactly the same fears you are mentioning here. But it’s totally normal and you will overcome all of them for sure.

Ask yourself the following question: “if millions and millions of women worldwide have undergone this, why couldn’t I?” Of course you can! Many women state labor was strongly painful, whereas others say it went almost unnoticed. It depends on each woman, but surely everybody is able to stand it, yourself included 😉

Once hospitalized, you can ask to give birth with epidural analgesia to avoid experiencing a painful labor, but it is up to you. It’s a very personal decision. However, you should bear in mind that it has both pros and cons.

You can attend childbirth classes to be prepared when the moment finally comes or ask your midwife for advice.

Good luck!

09/08/2015 at 1:11 pm
  3. Hey, relax. This happens with every first time mom. It was with me also, all were like, it pains a lot and all. But only my mother said that it happens once, but after that, the feeling of being a mom, giving a birth to your own child forgets all those pains. Don’t worry Sandra, you are safe and happy dear. Just be happy always. Nothing will happen.

04/11/2016 at 7:01 am
  4. Nice thread.

03/13/2018 at 6:54 am
    • Bless you

05/02/2022 at 4:36 am
Leave a reply