Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
What to eat during the first month of pregnancy

What to eat during the first month of pregnancy

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">marmara</span>
    marmara

hello! i am 9 weeks + 1 day pregnant with my first baby and it seems like everyone keeps in telling my tips or giving me advice on what to eat, what is healthy, what is unhealthy… this is driving me nuts to be honest… i just to to get expert advice, follow it strictly and stick to it. As a counterpart i admit i’ve been eating kinda unhealthily during these weeks, including spicy food… how bad is it? i mean, it it going to affect my baby? the problem is, i can’t say no to all “unhealthy” foods all of a sudden…

10/14/2017 at 2:21 pm
  2. Dear marmara,

During the first trimester of pregnancy, it is vital to maintain a healthy, balanced diet to ensure that the fetus and the mother are healthy and strong.

So, yes, you should avoid unhealthy foods, especially junk food, and incorporate the following in your diet instead: vitamin B6 (present in peanut butter, bananas, nuts…), folate-rich foods (beans, eggs, potatoes…), fruit, milk products (they are a great source of proteins, vitamins, calcium, water, healthy fats, vitamin D, etc.), sugary foods (e.g. puddings, smoothies, fresh fruits), meats and iron rich foods (e.g oatmeal, beetroot, beans).

As for the foods that you should avoid, this group includes seafood, soft cheeses, processed foods, and contraction-inducing foods (for example, pineapple, raw papaya, licorice).

Visit this post to learn more about maternal care: Dos and don’ts during pregnancy.

I hope this helps,

Best

10/17/2017 at 10:41 am
Leave a reply