Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Egg donation and heparin for unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss

Egg donation and heparin for unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Yasirah</span>
    Yasirah

Hello good morning,

My name is Yasirah and I’m 37. I’ve been diagnosed with low ovarian reserve and I also have blood clots. I’ve already been through 3 miscarriages, the first one many years ago, and the other two lately. The first one was an unplanned pregnancy, but the others were when I was already TTC, so you see I think I won’t be able to have a baby in my life!!! The doctor told me to move on to egg donation and also to take heparin for blood clots… Do you think this is a good solution? Do you actually think I won’t miscarry if I do all this?

Thank you very much!!!!

01/21/2016 at 3:02 pm
  2. Dear Yasirah,

Both poor ovarian reserve and problems related to thrombophilia are related to recurrent pregnancy loss. When your ovarian reserve is low, you produce lower quality eggs and carriers of genetic anomalies. This means that, even though the embryo was able to implant, embryonic arrest is likely to occur at some point of its development.

Likewise, blood clotting disorders may lead to a poor uterine irrigation, which, together with the presence of blood clots, can cause embryo implantation problems such as miscarrying.

In these cases, the most appropriate treatment is donor-egg IVF. As your doctors told you, this treatment should be completed with low molecular weight heparin injections to avoid the formation of blood clots; this helps preventing the incidence of recurrent pregnancy loss and optimizing your chances for success at the same time.

Hope this helps,

Regards

01/25/2016 at 3:24 pm
Leave a reply