Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Embryo adoption vs. traditional adoption

Embryo adoption vs. traditional adoption

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Veronika</span>
    Veronika

Hello, this thread has been created to share my thoughts on the truth about adoption. My husband and I decided a few months ago to use the innovative technique known as “embryo adoption” instead of traditional adoption. I see many advantages there, but people keep on asking us “Why don’t you just adopt?”. I think they ask this question only by ignorance, because they actually don’t know anything about embryo adoption. I’m not an expert, but consider myself to be an open-minded person. I’m fed up with comments or questions like that… Can you please share the truth about embryo adoption so that EVERYBODY is able to understand how wonderful it is? I need answers from an expert…

02/08/2016 at 12:39 pm
  2. Dear Veronika,

thank you very much for sharing your opinion. Embryo donation and adoption is actually an innovative fertility option available to parents, especially attractive to infertile couples. Embryo adoption stands for the use of the unused zygotes created by couples attempting pregnancy via in vitro fertilization (IVF). These leftover embryos will be then frozen for storage. They can choose between many options, being embryo donation one of them.

If the genetic parents choose to place these embryos for “adoption”, then they will be made available to another couple for pregnancy through a fertility clinic or embryo adoption agency. The adoptive mother will have the embryo implanted by means of IVF, a process that will make her the legal birth mother.

The main advantage of embryo adoption is that the adoptive mother is able to experience pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, something that is not possible with traditional adoption. However, every couple should consider both options before making any decision, as this is a complicated process that should be thought twice.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

02/17/2016 at 5:11 pm
Leave a reply