Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Experience with Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology

Experience with Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Indira</span>
    Indira

Hi!

I’m in a female same-sex relationship and we are currently planning our motherhood. I’d like to know your experience with the Gondra Center and also what fertility treatment we would need. My wife and I would both like to actively participate in pregnancy.

05/01/2020 at 8:38 am
  2. Hi Indira,

if you and your wife would both like to actively participate in pregnancy, I recommend you opt for reciprocal IVF since this technique allows both women in a lesbian relationship to be involved in both egg donation procedure and gestation.

Basically, reciprocal IVF is the some as donor-egg IVF but with eggs from one of the intended mothers. The other mother will be the recipient of the partner’s eggs and carry the pregnancy to term. This allows for one member of the couple to share part of her DNA, making her the biological mother of the child. On the other hand, the other member will be the gestational mother by giving birth to the baby of both. If you want to know every step in detail, I recommend you the following post: Shared motherhood: How reciprocal IVF works step by step.

Hope this helps,

wish you all the best.

05/05/2020 at 10:05 am
    • Hi Romina,

We’re also interested in a reciprocal IVF. Which fertility clinics, besides Gondra Center, are there in AZ? Do you think it would be possible to arrange an appointment now or are all fertility clinics closed due to corona?

05/08/2020 at 8:02 am
    • Hi Giggles,

normally, fertility clinics are still open. However, strict hygienic measures will be applied and they won’t start new cycles or non-essential treatments either. It should be possible to schedule a conversation over videoconference, though.

Regarding your question about other fertility clinics, we from inviTRA recommend you to choose the one you most feel comfortable with. Dealing with infertility is already stressful, so avoid any additional inconveniences. Therefore, we suggest you visit at least 2 or 3 different fertility clinics in order to compare your impressions of each one. Here you have an overview of fertility clinics in your area: Clinic directory.

05/08/2020 at 10:57 am
Leave a reply